Pay – £8.91 – 9.65/hr
Job type – Contracted with the opportunity to progress into a permanent role
Hours – Flexible hours
Number of positions for this role – 1
Full Job description
At M J A Hair we’re serious about 2 things; people and expectational experiences; for our customers and our colleagues. We aim to provide world class service in every aspect we can by dedicating our efforts to helping any members of our team grow, bespoke training opportunities and investing in our team.
We’re looking for extraordinary passionate and dedicated Hair stylists to join our small team in Luton. With the following experience:
- Customer service — use excellent customer service skills to greet clients and keep them happy during their service
- Interpersonal skills — use interpersonal skills to talk to customers about the hairstyle they want, any problems they may have styling their hair, and other hair care advise
- Multitasking — hair stylists/ wig makers speak with many customers at once, they tend to several work tasks at the same time and tend to juggle several orders at the same time, which requires strong multitasking.
- Communication skills — use good communication skills to receive instructions from other colleagues and customers
- Organisation skills — keep inventory and work areas neat and well organised
- Time management — constantly use time management skills because many hair treatments are highly time-sensitive
- School/college leavers are welcome, however this is not an apprenticeship position.
- Must speak good English
- Should be able to: wash hair, canerow, sew weave & make wigs etc.
Although to start with this is only a contracted/self employed position there is opportunity to progress into a permanent role and salary increase.
At M J A Hair we believe that selfcare is important, so we want to provide an extraordinary experience to our clients/customers and create a safe & friendly atmosphere for clients to relax, off load and be uplifted both mentally and in physical appearance. We want our clients to leave feeling confident and empowered.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for customer care. Someone who is honest, encouraging, kind, caring and driven.
- Performance bonus
Flexible Working Options Available:
- Up to 30 hours per week
- Qualified hairdressing: 1 year (preferred)
- Wig making experience: 6 months – 1 year
- Hairdressing NVQ Level 2 (Preferred)
How to apply
To apply please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com accompanied by a cover email explaining why you think you would be the best candidate for the role. Please use ‘Hair Stylist Application’ as the subject of your email.
If possible, please also send photos of previous work.
We will close applications on the 30th June 2021, midday.